RPM Block Machines Limited is committed to protecting your personal information and this Privacy Notice tells you how we collect, store, use and keep safe your personal data. We shall only use your information in line with the data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, and access to it will be restricted according to the “need to know” principle. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
What we collect about you
We process the personal data of customers, prospects, enquirers, suppliers and workers. We may collect, store and use the following personal information about you:
- Information that you provide to us for operational purposes.
- Information that you provide to us when requesting information from us.
- Any other information you choose to share with us, including information on business cards or contained within email messages.
- Please let us know if the personal data we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data you provide to us may include:
- Company name, address, postcode, country, email address, telephone number(s), fax number, company registration number, VAT number.
- For trading contacts; name, email address, telephone number(s).
- Information relating to purchases you have made, including payment details.
We collect information from your internet-connected computer, tablet or mobile phone about your visits to and use of our website. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other device on the internet.
We shall use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our services and products to you.
- To process your order for operational purposes, collect payment and keep you informed about operational procedures or processes.
- To provide you with information about our services, and to deal with enquiries and requests about them.
- To improve our products and services.
- To maintain your contact preferences.
- To fulfil a contract with you if you are a customer, supplier or worker.
- To administer our website, personalise it to you and keep it secure.
- To prevent fraud.
- To verify compliance with terms and conditions.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
We promise that we shall only use your data in the way you wish, and we shall always respect your privacy. We process your data under the following legal grounds:
- The processing is necessary to meet contractual obligations into which you have entered as a customer or supplier.
- Where required, failure to provide mandatory data fields identified by a ‘*’ will mean that we shall be unable to process your data.
- The lawful justification for sending you marketing communications about our business and services is because we have a legitimate business interest in using your data for this specific purpose. You are in control of your data and can choose not to receive these messages, either when you first provide your data, or in every communication we send you afterwards. These marketing communications include:
- Email notifications and letters where you have provided us with your email address.
- Postal or telephone marketing, Telephone marketing will use the number(s) you have supplied.
Disclosing your personal data
Your information will be held and used by the following parties under our control:
- To other workers within RPM Block Machines Limited who are responsible for operational actions.
- Third parties who provide a service for us e.g. delivery services.
- Note: We will not sell your data to others.
- We shall keep your personal data within RPM Block Machines Limited and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to law enforcement agencies.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we need to and so that we can use it for the reasons described above. Where your information is no longer required or is no longer relevant, we will ensure it is deleted. The actual period for which we store your personal information will vary depending on the type of personal information and how it is used. For example:
- Customer personal details for marketing information will be held for a period of 12 months since your last interaction with us.
- To make sure that you do not receive marketing from us after you have told us to stop sending it, we need to keep a record of that instruction with your contact details. We shall hold that information until you tell us otherwise.
Where necessary, we shall keep your personal data for as long as required to do so by law; and where required to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Your rights and control over your personal data
To exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address at the end of this policy document.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
- You have the right at any time to ask us what personal information we hold about you, and to ask us to update, amend or delete any data that is incorrect or out of date. As data controller, we will be as clear and transparent as possible and uphold any requests for data disclosure or amendment as soon as possible.
- To protect your privacy and security we may need to verify your identity before disclosing or deleting your data.
- Correction, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
- The accuracy of your personal data is important to us. You can correct or update your personal data, including your address and contact details at any time. If you find any inaccuracy in your data at any time, we will delete or correct it at your request. Proof of identity may be required in some circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of your personal data. However, we will retain just enough of your personal data to ensure that the restriction is respected in the future. You have the right to object to your personal data being processed, for marketing and for research purposes. From the very first communication from us and every marketing communication we send after you will have the right to object to marketing. For email unsubscribing, it may take up to 48 hours for an amendment to work. For post and telephone, it may take 21 days. We will do all we can to ensure that any delay is kept to a minimum.
- The right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator.
- If you wish to lodge a complaint or seek advice from a supervisory authority, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold your rights to data privacy. The ICO can be contacted by writing to:
The Office of the Information Commissioner,
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (Helpline)
+44 (0) 01625 545 745
Links to Other websites
Our website may contain links to and details of other websites that are outside our control and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. If you access other sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their privacy statement, which may differ from ours. It will be helpful for you to read their Privacy Statement before providing them with your personal data.
RPM Block Machines Ltd
8a Annaloughan Road